Tips and Resources for Giving Back During the Holiday’s
Recently Aztalan Engineering was able to adopt a local family through Christmas Neighbors with money raised from Penny Wars during our October ESOP Month. We’re thankful to have the ability to support and donate back into our local communities.
These are just a few of the great resources through Jefferson County where you can donate or volunteer:
- Visit: http://www.volunteermain.com/need/ through Jefferson County to see a variety of current volunteering needs.
- Visit: http://www.christmasneighbors.org/index.html through Christmas Neighbors to donate or volunteer.
- Reach out to your local school and ask for your donation to be put toward a negative lunch account balance for a student(s).
- Volunteer to visit with elderly at a local senior center, some may have very few family members, or none living locally.
- Become a volunteer Veteran Services driver –https://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/Veteran%20Services/Van%20Driver%20Recruitment%20Poster%2008%2017.pdf
- Donate to the Lake Mills Food Pantry, or other local Food Pantry’s. – http://www.svdplm.com/food-pantry/
If you’re in need of assistance this holiday season, here are some local resources available to you:
- http://www.svdplm.com/ministry/ St. Vincent de Paul offers financial assistance/programs to those that qualify. Follow the link to fill out an application.
- Lake Mills Food Pantry: http://www.svdplm.com/food-pantry/
- https://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/departments/human_services/economic_support/index.php Jefferson County offers Economic Support Programs for those that are low income or have faced setbacks and need support.